• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New pin problem

Stuart Brookes

Just took delivery of a trudex reel and was going to give it a clean and lube. Am I right in thinking I need to unscrew the small screw in the centre of the front of the reel as I cannot get it to move and it looks fairly ragged on the edges to start with.If I do manage to get it out is it easy to find a replacement screw?

Cheers,

Stu

hold the reel with the handles facing upwards ,now spin the spool ,if it spins strait and true ,leave the screw alone .

if its been glued in (it does happen) and it definatly needs to be removed ,you'll need too make sure the release lever is taped open & the drag fully backed off ,then get a 2mm drill bit and carefully align it up too the grub screw bottom inside the bushing housing and drill it until it either unscrews itself or you've drill it out .

oh and you'll need probably a 6ba screw/bolt to create a new grub screw from.
or alternatively send it of too garry mills to service ,let him deal with it .

Just took a closer look at it Steve and it appears the release lever is missing all together. Looks like a trip to Mr Mills emporium and a note to the ebay seller I bought it off.

Back