• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New feature finder

Jason Bean

Well I took my new feature finder out today seeing as the river is really low and I new it would tell me every feature on the bottom...and I wasn't let down as I found new deep holes, silt beds, rocky shelves and under water snags

Cost me £30 and I was well impressed with my new bison chest waders. Also took the opportunity to remove some snags and cut some trees back.

Basically I took the opportunity while the river painfully low to get in there. How are your rivers fairing? The Cherwell down in Oxford is as low as it gets, a good sign for fry survival this year but no good for the future if this is how it's going to carry on down in the south east for years to come.

Jason.....removed some snags? Probably moved some fish as a consequence.:eek:

Theres no shortage of snags in a his little river, to he honest and he section I walked last night is about 2 miles of one big chub and barbel swim so locating fish is not very obvious.

There was one swim where I got cut off on a snag and i thought there was something drastic in there so I didn’t cast there again.... went in looking for it with a rake and couldn’t find a thing, very odd.... but 5 yards further down I removed about 5 meters of galvanised fencing and it’s posts, 2 crayfish traps and a tyre with a nice ondex lure attached to it which had a black cap feeder attached to that!

:D

Soon as I saw feature finder, I knew it would be a funny lol...

Back