• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New EA 2010/2011 Rod License.

Jon Frisby

Senior Member & Supporter
Just got mine through the post this morning. I will give them 1 out of 10 for effort...

What I don't understand is why they have to use two envelopes and send me 2 Angling Trust leaflets just because I have 2 licenses. Why can't they send them in a single envelope and halve the P&P? They could save thousands of pounds considering the number of multi-rod users in the country.

My main aim this year is to not by last years licence again!....very confusing trying to by them on line last year.

Never got my renewal letter either so ended up going online and found all you needed to do was enter the 18 digit number on the back of your present licence (below the bar code) and your details are retrieved from last seasons licence application.

I ended up getting my old licence laminated as again it looked like it would fall apart within weeks!

Trevor

got mine last wednesday, this year it was stuck on rather than last years, that i ended up cutting out in the end, and yer it looks flimsy but stick it in yer wallet, i doubt it will see the light of day all year anyway.
as for the picture, it might be the only barbel some see all year...lol

Like Neil paid by Direct Debit, came through letterbox Friday, hey its a fishing licence, couldn't care less whether its cheap and nasty or not. Who'd be the first to moan if they announced that the licence fee was going up due to the costs involved in its production. 10/10 from me, after all with this method what is there to moan about, it only has to last a year then you get a new one.

Best Regards
Dave

Well, I heard all the moans from all the moaners last year, nothing will ever be good enough!!! My 2 lasted the whole year in my wallet and still look as new as they did when they arrived, a massive improvement on the old paper licences!!!

Not to sure why people are concerned about the flimsiness of the license. OK it isn't as good for chopping a line of coke as my Platinum American Express card:) but then all my EA licenses ever do is sit in my wallet, never seeing the light of day from one season to the next. One could last me a life time.

Pure decadence - presumably snorted with a fifty?

Conrad

PS bet we get in bother
Salmon Tube fly..isn't that what they are for...handed to me on a silver platter by my gillie

Back