• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New aims and achievements for 2012/2013

As I retire on 21 June, I was kind of hoping that I might be able to get out on the banks a bit more, while also being more opportunistic than was possible when I was working. Of course, my wife will no doubt have something to say about that (!) although she may soon be grateful to get me out from under her feet (I hope!).

However, as ever, fate has intervened. Having been co-opted onto the Committee of Christchurch Angling Club 3 months ago, I now find myself Secretary of this illustrious Club, which I expect to take up a significant part of what was formerly to be my free time! Has to be done though and no-one else seemed keen......!!

Nevertheless, having achieved my first ever double (11.03) from the Avon last September, I would now like to get a Stour double to complete the set. A decent roach would also be a desire although my target of a 3lb fish is becoming increasingly difficult from the rivers.

Dave

hopefully as good as last season, had 7 fish above my PB as at the start of the season, to repeat that would be awesome

Back