• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Need some new scales - recommendations?

Nice spot Graham, they wont hang around long, tempted to buy them myself as a spare. Don't come across new set very often these days

EDIT... just re checked and they're sold already, a good buy for someone !

Last edited:
Another who has found Flyweights to be rubbish, Used to have a set but found it tricky to zero and read, and a few mates' sets have been proved to be weighing well light as Tom mentions above. I am also dubious about digitals so not sure what I will do when my Avons no longer do the job...

Andy

Nice spot Graham, they wont hang around long, tempted to buy them myself as a spare. Don't come across new set very often these days

EDIT... just re checked and they're sold already, a good buy for someone !

Er yes thanks Graham, would have preferred the Reuben Heaton Specimen scales but they are just a bit too expensive. Glad to get brand new Avons at that price.

Conrad

Avons

Hi Guys,
Managed to leave mine on the banks of the W/Avon after a session. Went back a week later after the banks had been well and truly flooded after some heavy rain. Poked around in the mud for a while until I felt a reassuring clunk! Cleaned them up and they were spot on. When the face eventually frosted up ( they are over 20 years old ) I took the old face off and replaced it with a clear plastic panel. Virtually indestructable I reckon.
Regards,
G.T.

Back