• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Natural thoughts

Derren Burr

With today being my day off I decided to head to the barn, clear it out and ready the gear for the coming seasons kick off. While going through the bait shelf I came across some of the new Hidra baits from Pallatrax which included brown and black snails and also the mussels which Simon had sent me right at the backend of the season but never got the chance to drown them before the close. They look a cracking alternative to the norm so I just thougt I'd ask............ any reason why they wouldn't tempt barbel and chub?

Thoughts chaps.................

I've used them for chub fishing mate,and they score very well
I flavoured them with elixir 6 and caught Quite a few chub on them and I've also had trout and grayling on the small ones..
I'm sure the tench will love them too,I'm going to try for them in a few weeks so I'll let you know how that goes

Luke

I recall seeing something somewhere Luke or it could well of been Pom telling me that you'd snared a few chub on them. I can't see why the barbs wouldn't take them, guess they'll have to go on a few trips out with me ;)

Sounds like a plan derren !!
And yes graham when I first used them on the kennet a few years back on wasing I did very well indeed mate,we also used them on a certain bit of the wye and caught very well too !!
Atb luke

Back