• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nash barbel elite 2lb rods

I've got one and use it every winter when levels are up. It behaves very much like a Nash Tri-tip (if you used one of those). They are more 'all-through' or progressive than tippy, so the Elite will handle 5oz with a lob. Good examples ~£80+. They're nice rods, nice cork, and well finished.

I sold a pair of 1.75tcs a few years back but missed them so much I've now got a pair back. Very nice rods and a nice slim blank.
As Joe says probably one of the best value rods ever made. My first ones I got from Climax tackle for £40 each and paid more than that to replace them.
I've also got custom made free spirit barbel seeker but because of the price of it I treat it very carefully but the good old nash can get put through its paces.
I've got a pair of Greys XFlight barbel rods but they've gone up for sale since I got a pair of nash back..
Your mate won't go wrong getting them Mark..

T
Thanks ian
I sold a pair of 1.75tcs a few years back but missed them so much I've now got a pair back. Very nice rods and a nice slim blank.
As Joe says probably one of the best value rods ever made. My first ones I got from Climax tackle for £40 each and paid more than that to replace them.
I've also got custom made free spirit barbel seeker but because of the price of it I treat it very carefully but the good old nash can get put through its paces.
I've got a pair of Greys XFlight barbel rods but they've gone up for sale since I got a pair of nash back..
Your mate won't go wrong getting them Mark..
Trouble is fella wanted £190,bit over priced from what we've heard

T

Thanks ian

Trouble is fella wanted £190,bit over priced from what we've heard
If they were mint, and delivered at that then .... maybe. I'd say (as previously), £80 for a well kept rod, and maybe £150 for a pair. I doubt the guy will get £190 but you never know. They're worth £190 but then they're not fashionable :rolleyes: so ...????

Dunno about that. Nash rods are very fashionable in the carp world. They certainly look the part although I’ve never handled one myself
Yes Richard, I know. I meant in the 'barbel world'. I don't know anyone else that uses them besides me :D

£190 does sound over the top to me. If I remember right they were £80 each when they first came out which is some years ago now. I got mine like I said from Climax tackle and they were end of line then so I got them at £40 Each. As I've also said they are good rods ..
I've got a pair of Greys X flights for sale with 1.5 top 1.75 top and quiver tip carrier with three tips each for less than that and as far as I know these were Greys top range barbel rod at the time..
By the way I'm not trying to push the Greys.. if they sell they sell but to be honest I'm not that bothered I can still get plenty of use out of them if they don't..

I think you would really struggle to buy a brand new rod for £95 in today's market that would be better than a Nash Elite, so if they were in very good condition then that's a fair price in the cold light of day.

To find a rod as good, and maybe a bit better then your probably looking at the Drennan Martin Bowlers which are about £170 brand new these days.

The trouble with the Elites is that they were so underpriced when originally marketed, they don't hold any value.

I think you would really struggle to buy a brand new rod for £95 in today's market that would be better than a Nash Elite, so if they were in very good condition then that's a fair price in the cold light of day.

To find a rod as good, and maybe a bit better then your probably looking at the Drennan Martin Bowlers which are about £170 brand new these days.

The trouble with the Elites is that they were so underpriced when originally marketed, they don't hold any value.
Wow As good as the bowlers eh. Well yes then seriously under priced because the drennan bowler rods are exceptionally good and worth every bit of their price.
When they first came out I borrowed one of my mates for ages and loved it. If they’d done the lighter one in 11ft I’d probably not have Torrix’s now as I’d of had a set and kept them

I’ve still got my Nash extreme pursuit carp rods these are one of the best casting rods I’ve ever used. but unfortunately not made any more the newer Nash carp rods are not in the same league as the extreme pursuits. the ones I brought years ago i actually out bid Jim Shelly on eBay when I won them lol

Back