• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

My daughters first barbel

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
I’ve been doing ok on my new club water with the odd bronzy showing up and last Saturday my 9 year old daughter wanted to accompany me for an evening session.
7:00pm on the nose, typical awesome wrap around she grabbed the rod and played to its defeat a lovely little Nene barbel of just over 8lb. Certainly not a monster by the rivers standard but more than enough grunt and power in that fish for a 9 year old girl to tame to the net.
She’s hooked now. She doesn’t want to go to the commercial lake anymore, she wants to catch a bigger barbel lol. Works for me 😄

Thats brilliant Richard . I taught both, my now grown up chidren how to fish and neither have completely lost the bug . My son Patrick now takes his son fishing .Last week I went with the pair of them , highlight for my grandson was watching grandad suffering the consequences of sitting on a nettle , ouch !

Back