• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

My catch of the year so far.

Chris Jones

Not too likely to be a fish of any description as all the local stillwaters are still frozen and the Swale is a little too full of melt water for my liking.
Here's looking forward to the summer.:)

381544137.jpg

NETTO, Hartlepool was wiped out by all but three tins by yours truly the day the offer came out which I think was a few weeks ago. Twenty tins stashed away, didn't have the heart to take it all and deprive a fellow angler the chance of a sniff at one.

Theres some enterprising soul flogging it on E bay £2.99 a tin +£1.28 postage , hmmm ....PS only 21 mins left on the E bay auction ,and no it's not me selling it !

NETTO, Hartlepool was wiped out by all but three tins by yours truly the day the offer came out which I think was a few weeks ago. Twenty tins stashed away, didn't have the heart to take it all and deprive a fellow angler the chance of a sniff at one.

Such graciousness was in fairly short order in this neck of the woods when Sainsbury's had their last batch;):D. I've never managed to buy a single tin until this lot. I'm afraid that, with slight twinges of guilt, I've wiped out two branches.:eek: I'm not ruthless enough to put it on ebay though.:eek: Seem to recall it selling for silly money on there in late August/September.

I may not be averse to swapping a couple of tins for the black pepper Spam if anyone local is desperate, can't find that for love nor money. Also interesting to see that they do a hot chilli Spam in the USA.

My mother was 'despatched' to Morrisons in Southport about 2yrs ago with a clear directive.....'as many as you can carry'

The payload was then driven south to Windsor where it has resided ever since. I've just been waiting for some decent winter weather to use it.

Oh...how many tins? errr..... about 36:eek:
I'm offering it to the WBC lads at £4 tin :D :p

Ian

I'm down to my last tin from a bulk Morrisons buy a couple of years back.

I think curried meat is just as good... just need to keep convincing myself of that though!!

Chris J,
I'll check my local store sure they have a regular supply of black pepper Spam. If so I'll send you a PM.

Chris J,
I'll check my local store sure they have a regular supply of black pepper Spam. If so I'll send you a PM.

Stuart,
Thank you, the name of the store might do it. Should be able to find a branch between Darlington, York and Scarborough.;)

I always rated the Black Pepper spam better than the Garlic verity.

I've never caught on the Garlic Spam, tried it many times when conditions have been "meaty" but not worked for me. Done OK on curry flavoured Plumrose, etc.

Generally though I have found pellets to outfish meat, even in 'ideal' meat conditions. Usually fish 2 rods, each with different baits, and switch positions between them to keep comparisons fair.

Ditto the above, tried it many times alongside the standard spam and bacon grill,(both "neat and flavoured) caught plenty on both of them, not a bite on the stinky stuff,don,t know why, but won,t be rushing to buy any.
peter

Apart from one dissenter from Bristol, there seems to be a bit of a North South divide opening up over garlic spam.:D

I wouldn't go and spend crazy money on it, just cut up your Spam and bag it up with some garlic oil. But I have been known stock up when it has been in my local stockists. Its always great for the look the cashier gives you when you chuck a dozen tins down.

Personally I have found the pepper spam better than the garlic, im sure I have a tin or two of the garlic in the cupboard.. If i find it its anyones whos willing to collect or pay postage...;)

Back