• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mullet fishing in and around Turo

Kevin Clark

Hi all

I have been working away for the past few weeks in Turo and after having a look around It looks good for a bit of mullet fishing but was wondering if any one had any info about mullet fishing in this area. Any addvice would be greate. Cheers

Kev.

Hi Kev,

Truro is an area I know very well, been there every year of my life and have enjoyed some great fishing.

As for mullet, you'll find them in big numbers all around the Fal estuary - catching them is another thing though! I find bread to be the best bait whether on the surface, mid water, or hard on the bottom. I also find that the conditions have to be 'right' to get amongst them - but what is 'right' is usually dictated by the mullet!

You'll also find them around the rocky shorelines in the clear water, but they can take weeks to find!

Its probably my favourite kind of fishing, but also the most infuriating!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Cheers
Adam

Forgot to say,

There probably wont be many around at this time of year, mid spring onwards is probably your best bet!

Adam

Back