• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muckboot arctic sport

Robert Linwood

I’m after a mega warm pair of boots been thinking of getting the muckboot arctic sport does any one have any experience with these type of boot or know of any that are warm enough for extreme weather any info would be great

Robert
I've used Muck Boots Spey (no longer available) for a number of years and can't fault them, they are warm and easy to walk in and don't make your feet sweat. Some people say the tread is not very good but I've never had a problem.

When they wear out i will definitely buy another pair.

I'm sure you'll get other reply's saying there are better boots and i'm sure there are but for me they have been fine.

Hope this helps

My fishing mate wears muck boots. His only complaint is they get too warm 😂
He says the grip is fantastic. I can’t comment as I’m still using the old neoprene winchwoods. They are a decent boot imo for the brass.

I have a pair of Baffin Trappers which I got half price and wear in cold weather. They are the warmest I have used. I wear them with merino wool socks and / or heat holder socks. I bought a size 12 for my size 10 feet so I can also wear a pair of thick Bama Sokkets which wick away the sweat. I also use these in the autumn or when wading. Sometimes the outsides of the Sokkets are soaking with sweat but the insides are dry and warm. If I was say boat fishing without being able to move on a really cold day I might also wear my electric socks or use a warm gel pad in the boot.

I've got muckboots and still suffer from cold feet, Skeetex are slightly warmer(not a lot) but are no good for walking any distance. I'll have to try the Baffins.

Had the Arctic Sports for 2 seasons and this season the heels have split and cracked on both boots.

Got some Navitas (same as Skeetex) for £20 from Go Outdoors.

Very warm and I've done some miles in them and they are not that bad.

If they last a season I'll be happy for the price

I’m after a mega warm pair of boots been thinking of getting the muckboot arctic sport does any one have any experience with these type of boot or know of any that are warm enough for extreme weather any info would be great

Own a pair and love them. Very warm and very comfortable. Admittedly, this is my first autumn in them, so can’t vouch for their performance in the coldest temperatures or their durability yet, but i’ve owned enough alternatives to have a fair idea and am very pleased with them

I’m after a pair myself and they were £92 with the discount card at go outdoors when I looked today. Not sure if that was just a Black Friday thing though but my folks recon they can get a further 15% off with their caravan club membership so might drag my old man down there tomorrow to have a look if they’re still the same price

Bought a pair after someone putting a link up on here, they were at a bargain price, about 40 quid i think. Only mistake i made, was getting my normal size instead of one bigger, they are a tight fit.

I got a pair of Arctic sports about 3 yrs ago. Since then they've changed the spec and they're now fleece lined. Mine are quite warm enough and if I had to get another pair I'd go for the Muck masters which are pretty much the same as mine. The Arctic sports would I'm sure be far too warm for walking any distance.
Incidentally I got size 9s which fit my size 9 feet perfectly. There is no need to wear anything other than normal socks in my opinion, can't help wondering if the splitting reported by some could be due to boots too large or small?

As I've said before I've had 5 pairs of muck boots including the Arctic Sports and the quality has just got worse with each pair, I find the lining wears out at the heel and I'm looking for other options next time, none of them keep,my feet warm if I'm sitting still but I do usually keep mobile in which case they are fine.

My Arctic Sports are now on their third winter and I have not had cold feet in the time I have had them. I bought my normal shoe size and the place where I bought them recommended just wearing a pair of high wool content socks. The grip on the soles is not fantastic but better than most standard wellies. The Wychwood neoprenes before these only lasted a season before both split at the point where the big toe flexes.

Rob have a look at Grubs snowline 8.5 they have Vibram multisport sole much better grip & I believe they are made by Muckboots as they bought out Grubs.
Rated from -40 to 15 degrees
I bought a pair 2 seasons ago never looked back brilliant winter boot 👍🏻

Yep, had a pair of these for 3 years, spot on. Though weirdly they've lately started leaking, but only very occasionally!

Back