• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck Boot Co. Tay Sport Boots - by Philip Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

Muck Boot Co. Tay Sport Boots by Philip Nixon

muckboots.jpg

After many years of slipping and sliding along riverbanks in skeetex boots I decided to look for another type of winter boot. After searching the internet I decided to try the Muckboot Tay Sport. They are the same as the Muckboot Tay design but withan extra warm neoprene/wool mix lining,lower rubber outer and the same tread.

They are very comfortable to wear and easy to get on and off. First impressions are that they are as warm (if not warmer) than skeetex and are very light.

Below is some info taken fron the internet:

"A rugged but comfortable waterproof wellie, the Tay sport is ideal boot. The Tay features full bootie construction, breathable airmesh lining throughout and a supportive contoured footbed. Extra rubber underlays and a crush resistant toe offer added protection for a variety of climates and conditions. The secret of muck boots effectiveness is their self insulating waterproof bootie, made from the same material as a maritime survival suit. This neoprene bootie, insulates the foot and lower leg to minus 47c, keeping you far warmer and dryer than ordinary wellies without the need for thick socks. They are perfect for fishing,shooting, gardening and even for sailing since they are non-slip. Available in sizes 5 to 13."

I paid £79 including post and packing for the boot but if they keep my feet warm and stop me falling in the river it is money well spent.

Phil (philn1) Nixon
Jan 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back