• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mounting a camera on a bank stick?

John Newman

Anyone know if there is a screw fitting available to mount a camera on to the thread at the top of a standard bankstick?

I mostly fish alone and presently take photos with fish in the net or on an unhooking mat but would like to include my mugshot. I fish roving style so don't want to cart my camera tripod around with me but I do normally have a bankstick handy.

Yes, available in most tackle shops.

You should also look at Gorilla pods, they are great

I have used one for years and have some good photos but the first few photos were not too good (too far away) so once you get the screw fitting have a practice.

Thanks guys

The Gardner Camera Angle Adaptor looks like what I need as my camera is a pretty serious bit of kit and fairly heavy. I can use the remote shutter release as well. Been borrowing the wife's compact but the photos are rubbish in comparison.

Back