• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mortimer and whitehouse new series

It is very Government Health Warning slot which is wrapped up in the nations favourite pastime.

I didn’t watch yesterdays but perhaps that is what we need. Ever increasing levels of type 2 diabetes etc is not only a personal health issue but a financial problem for all of us.

I really enjoy the programme though, bit of light hearted comedy and pretty scenics. What’s not to like.

I didn’t watch yesterdays but perhaps that is what we need. Ever increasing levels of type 2 diabetes etc is not only a personal health issue but a financial problem for all of us.

I really enjoy the programme though, bit of light hearted comedy and pretty scenics. What’s not to like.
I go fishing to escape all this nonsense, all the so called experts cant agree any one day what we should / shouldn't eat, the mood is centered around age, health, and death, with a bit of Bob acting like a half wit.

It does nothing for Angling any more than Strictly does for dancing.

But the wife likes it.

It does nothing for Angling any more than Strictly does for dancing.

But the wife likes it.
It doesn’t purport too though, does it?

No one really thinks it’s a fishing show anyhow.

But, like Strictly has (probably) raised the public’s interest and possibly participation of ball room dancing then if M&W raise the interest of fishing as a pastime and portrays anglers and angling in a favourable light (which I believe it does) then it can only be good, surely?

I agree with the above, in that it portrays anglers in a better light to the public.

I cringe when I see a post on social media from a nature loving, non anging member of the public, that sees an otter and then has their post bombarded with morons from the less enlightened part of the anging community shouting about how they should all be shot.

It doesn’t purport too though, does it?

No one really thinks it’s a fishing show anyhow.

But, like Strictly has (probably) raised the public’s interest and possibly participation of ball room dancing then if M&W raise the interest of fishing as a pastime and portrays anglers and angling in a favourable light (which I believe it does) then it can only be good, surely?
I agree, and it’s just 30mins of lighthearted fun with an angling theme and some banter….pretty much what it’s like when you go fishing with mates, but with two comedy greats.
My wife and daughters find it boring so vacate the room when it’s on, so IMO long let it last for the laughs and also peace it gives me!

Back