• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Monument 11-13 Ultimate Feeder Rod

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
No, not in classified as not for sale but looking for information. This came off Ebay, inexpensively. It is without doubt a lovely 11' but not tried it with the 2' extension. It flicks out weights up to 1oz brilliantly. 3 legged stainless throughout( not tip) and a hefty Daiwa style armlock cork handle, much thicker than I have seen before..
But it doesn't have a source. There is a Union flag logo, and "designed in the UK". From looking at the rod, jet shinny black, my hunch is Abu! I am told Ultimate tackle of Hull were known to produce their own range of rods. A "Monument to Ultimate" perhaps ? I am also told Abu did produce small ranges to order for tackle shops
Hopefully someone out there will have bells ringing, and not just from the police car behind , ( I am old enough to remember)and can shed some light.
I do love it so will really appreciate any info. Thanks for looking. Alec!

Back