• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Midlands Rod Butt repairs

Sean Smith

I have a couple of older style rods where the cork has worn and when a reel is placed on the rods it is lose

does anyone in the midlands know where i can get the butts re done ??

Cheers

Sean

with the price of cork these days it might not be financially viable to have them re done. how about smaller reel fittings, and just replace either the top or bottom pieces of cork which need removing to fit the new fittings!

Just do not understand the price of corks, then you see dragon carp selling full cork handled rods for a tenner.

Mick

another vote for Bob the Rod at Fosters. 0121 344 3333. Either call in or give him a call and he'll talk you through the options and prices

Cheers Lads

I want it sorting as one is a shimano match rod and the other is my Whisker stick float rod and that is a gem and i would love it sorted as i know you just cannot get them like it now and it will be great on the pin

Sean

Just do not understand the price of corks, then you see dragon carp selling full cork handled rods for a tenner.

Mick

there secret is the fact that there not real cork! it is foam with a really fine layer of cork on top. i was intridued as to how they manage to do it so cheaply so cut one in half!.
cork is available at reasonable prices in portugal, i really cant understand why it is so expensive here.

I have tried to contact bob but he is on a day off today so will try again tommorro

Also i am going to speak to Colin Leatherbarrow as well as he seems to be well featured

Sean

Back