• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Middy Rods

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
I am sure many of you are aware of the some of the comments lately on the future direction of Middy. Time will tell as they say. It seems indisputable that on ebay for the last 2 months of so that many of their flagship models, the quartix 13' have been auctioned off principally by sellers up in the North East. About 40 plus 13' and now mainly the 12's. Leaving aside the merits I have had middy rods over the years and found them good value for money even though they had poor residual value,. I felt when launched the leap in price of the quartix was a risk and said so . But if you want a very good rod, IMHO, get one cheap on ebay while you can. I got 2 x 13, let a friend have one for what I paid, the other I swapped for a new 12 at a pals tackle shop. Used it too at decoy!. Definitely does what it says on the tin!

Back