• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Merry Christmas

Wishing All At BFW a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year and to Andy & Claire and their stout hearted Team....john

Yes i second that, have a safe and peaceful christmas and maybe a barbel in the new year( thats if the snow melt has run through? seasons greetings to all at BFW and on BFW, including Foxy;)

The Chairman on Wednesday

Whilst we don't go too big on Johnny Come Lately post-Pagan festivals here in The Hamsters, I thought that I would share with you chaps our Angling Association and Rivers Trust Yule Card for 2009 (posed by - well, just snapped whilst at work actually - our Head Keeper, Kevin.

We have a sent a few hundred of these to our friends as a gesture of goodwill and to our unfriends (those in the Fly Fishing Forces of Darkness, in B.O.T.T. [Brotherhood of The Trite] in B.U.T.T. [Brothers Under The Trite], at The Dangling Crimes etc) as a gesture of extreme illwill. Goodwillers receive a "Tight Lines and Bowstrings" message inside the card; Illwillers a "If you go down to the river today, you're sure of a big surprise..."

You New BFW chaps here can consider yourself in the Goodwill Category (really, you just don't know how fortunate you are).

Anyway, here is the rather jolly card.

As ever,

B.B.

Herne.jpg

Last edited:
A Very Merry Christmas and Happy, prosperous and successful New Year with many, many tight lines, good luck and best wishes everyone.

Oh, and great video Graham, loved that :D

Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year, special thanks to all who have responded to my questions during the year.

Merry Xmas all. Shippo

Well its here - so wish everybody a great one and hope you all have a happy new year.
Finally, thanks for being here.
Best wishes,
Bob

Back