• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

maver storm rider brolly

Peter Bowles

Im thinking of getting one to give a bit more shelter for me and my kettle ... £42 delivered.... has anybody got one or know if they are good or not.. they are quite cheap compared to the other storm brollys.... thanks all.

Iv also seen a daiwa mission for £55 delivered .. i know these are a tried and tested and they are 50 inch which will suit me better so i think i will go for this..... thanks for the views and no replys ... ha.ha only joking.. bring on the winter.

youve made the right choice with the daiwa peter.
keep ya eyes open for a 50" overwrap....around 40 notes then you have a complete bivvy.......;)

and show a little more patience! 100 views isn't even 10% of the membership! From that you can deduce at least 10% of us don't have a Maver Storm Rider Brolly - probably a lot more to be honest!

Good point, Andrew. And anyway, I wouldn't be seen dead under a Maver storm brolly. It would have to be an Aqua at the very least. It's very important how you are perceived. The kit that you have says an awful lot about you.

Well, i wouldn't go that far Jim - it may well be a decent brolly but as i've never owned one i wouldn't know. I was only pointing out that calling time on a thread about a specific product after less than 12 hours is a bit hasty. Personally i couldn't care less what name was on the side of my brolly as long as it keeps me dry although i agree a manufacturers reputation plays a big part for most when choosing items of tackle. If we take that into account regarding the Maver brolly we can assume that at some point the centre pole will probably snap somewhere around the 4th or 5th section!!!! :D

Good point, Andrew. And anyway, I wouldn't be seen dead under a Maver storm brolly. It would have to be an Aqua at the very least. It's very important how you are perceived. The kit that you have says an awful lot about you.

Great quote! Maybe when you do die you will have a aqua brolly instead of a head stone.

Back