• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Massive reel feet on speedia centrepin?

Jon Kennard

I had this with a old pin I inheritated but wasn't expecting it on my speedia deluxe. For obvious reasons not keen to cut the reel foot but is that what everyone does? It will not fit any of my rods (screw reel seat) well it fits one but it's my step up carp rod and don't want to use it. Thanks Jon

Here be the issue

Attachments

• 20180912_071300.jpg
    20180912_071300.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 301
Speedia can pose a bit of a problem with regard to fitting some of the modern and widely used screw winch seats. I've built a few rods with screw down seats that would accept Speedia sized feet and this involved either a converted or adapted size 17 or 18 Fuji in wind down mode or a longer pipe on the seat. Picture of replaced plastic pipe section of seat:

woodconvseat.jpg

It's a good idea to always check the foot size on both rod and reel.
Paul W wrote an article which contained some useful information including some foot sizes. Can't find it at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Last edited:
I have 2 and I have modified them both, simple job with a hacksaw and file. A vice/padded clamp helps too, oh and I'm rubbish at all things DIY.

Many of the Speedia reels, which come up on ebay, have already had the reel foot modified per above.

I had the same issue and was unable to fit mine to my torrix's. But I've fitted it on my tfg big river Barbel - Just!! (May have to modify mine)

Back