• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Man And Child Killed In Weir Boat Accident

weirs are deadly, we had a death in my local colne on a small weir a few years ago, it wasn't in flood either.

Could have been easily avoided with a bit of common sense.

I really sympathise with the family but have to agree with Lee. After all the rain nationwide and the flooded state of most rivers it isn't the best time to be going out on a boat let alone with three children. An utter tradegy and my heart goes out to the poor family, it is something they will never get over.

the family must be devastated with their loss, like lee stated, bad timing what with the weather and the amount of water, the country had,

Shocking waste of life but first time on river on a new boat ( rowing ) did they have life jackets on , new to the area wonder what experience if any the dad had of boats

Shocking waste of life but first time on river on a new boat ( rowing ) did they have life jackets on , new to the area wonder what experience if any the dad had of boats

The family moved in February this year, their house was a few yards upstream of the weir, they had moorings, it's a big house. It would seem plausible that they capsized the boat when getting into it, and were swept over the weir, sad very sad.

Very sad.

Back