• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Low head turbine at Nafford weir

Joe, just had it confirmed from the 'Horses Mouth' it IS the main sluice, and much more 'reassurances' etc....need to find out some more which I can do with your and others help, but in the meantime I will send a follow up letter as to what if any impact on the fish will be, and all the agencies involved, it's not just Nafford, but other sites that may be more impactive.

Cheers for that Neil good news as far as Smith AC are concerned .
I would imagine that the BAA is big as they are will be able to fight the building of it hopefully .
Keep me informed Neil and if I can be of any help you can pm me or post on here .

As usual (e.g. this post):

If you want to do something about this then it is absolutely vital (and urgent!) to follow the advice of the Angling Trust and read their position statement on hydropower HERE and to read and act on the Trust's Guide to Objecting to hydropower HERE.

Also write to your MP (you can find them HERE) and let them know that you support the Angling Trust's campaign against hydro. Act now before it is too late...

[SIZE=-1]“If you know of a hydropower scheme near you just count to ten - one, two , three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and TEN. There you are! A fish has just been killed in it... Now count to ten again! There you are another fish is dead... Now consider this - that is going on all day and night!â€
From: Dry Fly 'Expert': Where the fish are again...[/SIZE]

Back