• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Looking for the perfect landing net

I have 3 and all different pros and cons. Starting with most expensive the CB twist lock pole is great but the net let's it down. Mesh is too big but they have rectified that now on the new ones. Second rig is a drennan twistlock with a large fixed design net, more square than spoon, good on the Teme but like all Drennan pole the twist lock is a bit tempermental. Last rig is a take apart pole with a drennan barbel triangle net, most robust of the lot but not suited to my roving style. So I agree there is no perfect net ... Yet !

Have a look at the Savage Gear folding rubber mesh landing net. Some very good features. These were produced with predator species in mind. They have a folding head, rubberised mesh, and the option of a telecopic handle. You cannot use your own handle. The head and handle are designed as a unit, although they can be detached for transportation.

Back