• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lone Angler

Mike Thompson

Senior Member & Supporter
Having somewhat hijacked Alan's thread regarding a search for a 11' Torrix (sorry Alan), I thought I would open a specific one 're Lone Angler products.
If you've read Alan's post, you will know I own an 11' * 1.75 Trefor West Barbel rod.
This I have compared to a Torrix and although very similar, I am assured that Trefor's blank was made specifically by Harrison for his rods.
But, I know very little about the history of Trefor's collaboration with Tony Miles, 're Double T products, or with others in the forming of Lone Angler. So any information would be appreciated and hopefully of interest to others.
Thanks,
Mike

I think the group consisted of 4 Anglers.
One of the others was Ray Thorpe and I think one of the Guys on here, Steve Godeski( great chap) was involved also.
He will know the full story

Lone Angler started by the Irish chap who bought Pallatrax. Mike O' Neil And also bought the Wye stretch at Red Rail.

They often did some promo stuff on the Kennet. And were having a hard day when I caught a 12 and a 13lber on Lower Benyons. Not appreciated 😃

Last edited:
Having somewhat hijacked Alan's thread regarding a search for a 11' Torrix (sorry Alan), I thought I would open a specific one 're Lone Angler products.
If you've read Alan's post, you will know I own an 11' * 1.75 Trefor West Barbel rod.
This I have compared to a Torrix and although very similar, I am assured that Trefor's blank was made specifically by Harrison for his rods.
But, I know very little about the history of Trefor's collaboration with Tony Miles, 're Double T products, or with others in the forming of Lone Angler. So any information would be appreciated and hopefully of interest to others.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike, email Harrison rods. I recently did so asking what the difference was between the Torrix and the MUR (Multi Use Rod). I received an excellent informative response directly from Steve Harrison

Back