• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

loch awe.

Neil Partridge

hi all, i'm off to scotland in february for a week, staying on the banks of lock awe. can anybody give me few pointers that i can follow up on & work with
thanks all. :(

Pike and ferox trout, trolling deadbaits or rapalas. There may be other fish present but I never bothered with them. There are rainbows present, but it is the big browns and pike which the loch is famous for. Get yourself a boat (there are a number of places there that hire them out), troll with deads or 5-7" rapalas and expect very little. But, if something does happen, be ready for it. The trout tend to get caught in 30-40 feet of water, the pike a little shallower. One big hint - islands.

If you're fishing from the bank, usual pike tactics should bring some sport. Reeds, plateaus, drop-offs etc.

Hope that helps,

Jon

jon, thankyou. that does help alot, we have booked a cabin on the bank somwhere, i will post the link later when i find out where. maybe you can give an idea of that area (fishingwise) if you dont mind.
again thankyou very much.

Back