• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lion Dung in The Independent

Very well dung I say...just don't go relion on it to work long term :D

Sorry, couldn't resist it :eek:

Actually, it would be brilliant if it did work, the perfect answer to everyones prayers...and stranger things have happened. Fingers crossed I say.

Cheers, Dave.

Lion dung has been used as a predator deterrent for many years. Back in the 1970s a London Zoo keeper pal of mine, a fellow angler, told me that he had a nice little sideline selling "Big Cat sh*t".

"Who would want to buy the stuff?" I asked incredulously.

With a finger to his lips, he whispered: "Dope grower out in Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe way. Keeps the deer off...".

human dung, after all, who's the daddy of predators.

Clearly that doesn't work, how many rivers are sewage free and how many are otterless?:rolleyes:

Since when has a 23lb mirror carp been worth £1500? I can see how a 40-50lb carp can have earnings potential that could possibly give it a value of £25,000 but a low twenty.....

Lion dung has been used as a predator deterrent for many years. Back in the 1970s a London Zoo keeper pal of mine, a fellow angler, told me that he had a nice little sideline selling "Big Cat sh*t".

"Who would want to buy the stuff?" I asked incredulously.

With a finger to his lips, he whispered: "Dope grower out in Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe way. Keeps the deer off...".

Did it work??;):)

growing cannabis in the ground is useless in the northern hemisphere
it's not india!

growing cannabis in the ground is useless in the northern hemisphere it's not india!

Clearly why the man concerned retired in his late thirties in the mid to late 1980s to southern Spain on the "non-profits" from his extensive horticultural efforts - told to me by the now ex-zookeeper when I bumped into him in a Marlow pub one evening six or seven years ago.

Last edited:
Back