• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lightweight fishing trousers

Any of the hiking shops are worth a look - Mountain Warehouse are my personal favourite but there are plenty of others.

Dave

I like cargo trousers. Get em in full length or short.
I Get em from the market for around £8-10 a piece. Loads of pockets, colours, material types. Market stalls are definitely the place for fishing and grubby work clothes.
Edit ...... when the markets re open obviously. In the mean time I have bought them in primark before.

Have a look in Go Outdoors Terry. They have stacks of different walking trousers. They are sure to have something suitable.
I'd second that. Got some olive green walking trousers and they're brilliant. Very light, 2 leg pockets and if wet will dry very quickly. Think they were about £12.

Not where I fish, the Mosquito is an absolute nightmare even with repellent.Long socks over bottom of trousers or joggers without burbbery cap.

Hi Dave, this is what i use, works a treat. 👍

I buy cotton surplus style camo trousers, light, roomy, many useful pockets and seem to be hard wearing. Wear the same in spring and autumn with long johns underneath ;)

Budget work/cargo trousers are good. I’ve got two Dunlop pairs, both still going strong after 3/4 years (albeit with a few small holes from barbed hooks). They seem to be cool enough in the summer and warm enough for Autumn. Winter too when coupled with thermal long-johns. Only problem with mine is the 32 waist size. Three meals a day in lockdown, which I haven’t done since I was a kid and I cant do them up now...

Decathlon’s hunting gear from online has served me very well for the last few years and its very reasonably priced. The French don’t put up with poor quality clothes.

Craghoppers are excellent and light weight. Mine are not lined although I have some of their waterproof ones which do have s lining but are still fairly lightweight and do keep you dry. Not expensive and no carp tax.

Back