• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lightweight chair

Pete Goodwin

Hi all, I'm after a new chair after deciding to upgrade my trusty old jrc which I've had for the best part of 15yrs.

Now the new one must be light, easy to carry and comfortable.

I've had a quick look on here and have seen some recommendations for the chub high-lite chair as well as the jrc x-light. I'll take a look a these but I also like the look of the Nash Indulgence Nomad Ultra-Lite (can't believe I'm even contemplating a nash product, they must have come a long way :rolleyes:) anyone got the Nash?

Thanks,

Pete.

Hi Pete

I have the Nash Indulgence Nomad Ultra-Lite , its great for carrying around and has excellent base and lower back padding, but for me sadly not a comfortable chair due to the back being too upright and the top bar on the back not having any padding around it to allow access to the shoulder strap. I find this bar uncomfortable to lean on after a while and it needs to be a bit more angled to relax better. I now prefer to carry my recliner even on a reasonable walk.

Cheers
Jas

ive just bought a cheap and cheerful Maver chair from Bristol Angling Center - 2.9kg, big mud flaps on the legs, adjusts to any bank - and very comfortable. Best roving chair i have ever bought - for £19.99!!!

I have seen the Nash Nomad ultra lite it is a great piece of kit. May swap the heavy Fox for one in due course!

The Wychwood Superlight recliner is worth a look...

Only marginally heavier at 4.9kgs than some other "lite" chairs (often 4kgs plus) but has the benefit of being a hi back recliner and is well padded. It straps well enough to a rucksack with a couple of bungees

Huw

I have seen the Nash Nomad ultra lite it is a great piece of kit. May swap the heavy Fox for one in due course!

Did it have adjustable legs Pete? I guess it wouldn't have a reclining back because of the weight factor, but adjustable legs are important to me.

Incidentally Pete, that looks suspiciously like bits of camo clothing you have in your avatar....have you any idea how much trouble you could be in if some of them on here spot that :eek:.........................:D::p:D

Cheers, Dave.

Hello Dave they are extendible. Camo Gear? Are there snobby fashion police at large! If it is good enough for Matt and Mick it is good enough for me!

I have the Nomad Indulgence and can't fault it. Lightweight, adjustable legs, great mud feet and a carry strap.

Adjusting the front legs allows the back to be "reclined" by cheating.

I've been through a few chairs trying to find the right one and this fits the bill perfectly.

I picked mine up for £60 from a local tackle shop. Add the Korum any chair adaptor if you want to attach anything.

It is more expensive than the previous Nomad but isn't everything else these days.

Chair

ive just bought a cheap and cheerful Maver chair from Bristol Angling Center - 2.9kg, big mud flaps on the legs, adjusts to any bank - and very comfortable. Best roving chair i have ever bought - for £19.99!!!

Hi Mark

Do you mean the Maver Bivi chair on the website ?

Hello Dave they are extendible. Camo Gear? Are there snobby fashion police at large! If it is good enough for Matt and Mick it is good enough for me!

Absolutely right Pete...if it fits, keeps you warm and dry, the price was right, and you feel happy in it...job done :D:D Works for me :p

Cheers, Dave.

I bought a lightweight Session Chair, I think made by Sensa, from Thatcham Angling Centre on Monday, ( see River Kennet Thread ), absolutely splendid bit of kit. £30, everything adjustable and built to carry a real man!

As ever

Hugo

Fox Adjusta chair if you can find one . The JRC x low , is excellent as a well , light , adjustable front legs, and some neat little arms

?

Hugo the sensas chair is made by starbaits they make two models both extremely light and strong ,they have to be to carry my slight frame:D

Back