• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

light umbrellas

Craig Wood

hi everyone...im looking for a strong but light 50 inch umbrella..can anyone recommend one thats light enough for roving around but still strong enough for anything the great british weather can throw at us from time to time..many thanks..:)

I have a Leeda fibreglass square nubrolli 50inch.....had it for 2 seasons & completely satisfied with it so far.It is extremely light in comparison with other similar sized umbrellas..is supplied with a storage bag & has a sturdy metal ring on top that i loop some cord through & pin to the ground with a robust bivvy peg,which gives it extra stability in high winds.This also saves on weight & energy as don't have to lugg storm poles to distant swims.

Regards

Andy

Not trying to be funny Craig but I use a Poncho, if you are roving you can get all your gear under it or buy a second one and stuff your kit under there. Saves the weight of the brolley and was snug as a bug in a rug last year when it was pouring down.

I'm also a closet poncho user. Makes sense. Very light and keeps you dry all day. I have a second one for my gear as Stuart suggests.

Haven't used a light 50inch umbrella but the leeda one sounds good. I have a bombproof wavelock 50in that weighs a bit, but that is great if you aren't wandering far, or on a day session carping, and my lightweight brolly alternative is a cheapo Argos 45inch jobbie that you can cart about all day. Not sure it keeps me as dry as the poncho though...

hi everyone...im looking for a strong but light 50 inch umbrella..can anyone recommend one thats light enough for roving around but still strong enough for anything the great british weather can throw at us from time to time..many thanks..:)

Ask the guys on the Cemex site, what they don't know about brollies ain't worth knowing!

Back