• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Light fishing chair

Andy Bebbington

Looking for a light fishing (3kg) chair and no one seems to have any stock in the uk so anyone have any suggestions from abroad.
Thanks
Andy

Chairs really p### me off nowadays.
aimed entirely at anglers that sit on the flat banks of a lake.
Korum made a chair years ago that came with the original 1st roving kit. It was 3kg and all 4 legs slid up and down their full length and locked inside a block. You could set it up perfect in seconds on the most tapered of banks. Big mud feet and a proper river designed chair.
nowadays they are all total crap. Designed for flat banks and made with cheap plastic parts and springy locking mechanisms on legs that extend 4 inches.
These were the nuts. Wouldn’t have a modern Korum chair now.
5E8C7397-BCFA-4321-B2E1-23CA43A8CC5F.jpeg

Chairs really p### me off nowadays.
aimed entirely at anglers that sit on the flat banks of a lake.
Korum made a chair years ago that came with the original 1st roving kit. It was 3kg and all 4 legs slid up and down their full length and locked inside a block. You could set it up perfect in seconds on the most tapered of banks. Big mud feet and a proper river designed chair.
nowadays they are all total crap. Designed for flat banks and made with cheap plastic parts and springy locking mechanisms on legs that extend 4 inches.
These were the nuts. Wouldn’t have a modern Korum chair now. View attachment 12501
like this one ?

like this one ?
They are a little heavy those ones. I’ve actually got one of them and yes they share that wonderful design of locking up the legs anywhere you like but That’s the bigger heavier recliner type. About 5kg mine is. The one I really like could only be bought as part of the very first roaming kit set

Just got myself a Nash indulgence ultralight chair. I needed a new one as my jrc chair had finally succumbed to me. Its very light and comfortable and has bigger feet than most new chairs.

Just got myself a Nash indulgence ultralight chair. I needed a new one as my jrc chair had finally succumbed to me. Its very light and comfortable and has bigger feet than most new chairs.

I got the first version of this after trying out a load of lightweight chairs in the shop. Expensive but light and very comfortable

Back