• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Left Hand Wind Multipliers

Martyn Lloyd

Can anyone recommend a half decent left wind multi? I`m not looking to spend top dollar so unfortunately the Abu 7000i is out of the question.

The reel will be for heavy lure work, 4/5oz jobbies so really needs to be along the lines of a beachcasting reel. It`ll only be used on a weeks holiday (might be pressed into river piking later though).

I just can`t get on with right hand winds............

If your piking, then the 7000 series are a tad OTT, get a 5000 series or similar, plenty tough enough for any pike, look at some of the Revo models to, you don,t need the large line capacity of the bigger sizes, the thumb bar models are the dogs wotsits for lure work. The Diawa megaforce reels are good, I realy like the twitching bar on those, means you can work the lure and cast with one hand, cool!!!
peter

Ta Peter! I did hear a nod for a Black Knight reel and managed to find one for half price (£50). That might do the job.

I was thinking of a 7000 size reel `cos I`ll initially be using it for shore casting for Nile perch.

Abu C3.

If you troll some of the pike forums you should be able to pick one up fairly cheaply, a good one is around the fifty quid mark.

Cheers Tom but its a `righty` which I have no chance of being able to use!

Gone for the Black Knight!

Back