• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

LBAP are we involved?

Jason Bean

Local biodiversity action plans, this is just a few words from my local conservation forum with a link to it's site and that contains other informative links especially for the South East, the area where barbel seem to be disapearing....no mention in anything about course fish, well I can't find anything.

I always think we miss something, but I wonder why?.....it's all there if we want to be part of it and inform non anglers for our benefit and theres. I find it very informative and enlightening and takes you away from the norm which is the view of the down trodden angler that thinks no one cares, it's all doom and gloom and it's everyone elses fault...everything they advocate we should be part of but do we become part of it, well ?......why do we distance ourselves and burn bridges when we should be building them?

http://www.oncf.org.uk/contact/contact.html

Throughout the UK, each County has a Local Biodiversity Action Plan (LBAP) that identifies priority habitats and species. Oxfordshire's LBAP delivers biodiversity through the Conservation Target Area Approach. The Oxfordshire LBAP consists of:

2015 targets for maintenance, restoration and creation of habitat
The Conservation Target Area document detailing the biodiversity resource and targets for each of the 36 CTAs.

The political or whoever structure within angling does not educate or inform us of the direction for our own good...I have no trust in anglings senior direction even though they are respected anglers and obviously care for our future.....does that mean anything though ?

I'm an hopefull sort of chap....but is there much hope?

Well,I think there is.

Cheers
Jason

And I hope we catch a few before the end of the season!

Last edited:
Am I totally on the wrong wave length? Do we really care then?....well maybe I've got it all wrong then.....I don't know.

Something has to change....Tony miles wrote his article that pretty much put the final nails in the coffin for barbel angling on all but the most healthiest of large rivers....I've got nothing against him and other very well known anglers.

The problem comes about that they can write articles all they like how they dont cacth the big-uns any more but where is the direction for the future? We need it from guys like them...happy to speak when things are good but lets have there wisdom now when things are not looking good?

There angling exploits are history..simple as that....what about us younger ones that still want to catch a few barbel?

Things are different, very different, future very uncertain. So the choice is ours...each induvidual has to make a choice...what choice then, I don't think it's there with any clear direction from the top.

Like I said..we need to be part of something that in many ways was the making of our own downfall...Is it too much to be involved in your local bap or whatever plan? That sorta thing is where I think we need to be

Cheers
Jason

Back