• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lake District, Coniston Pike trip.

Steve Williams

Just back from a weekend up in the lakes.

It was more of a 'social' than serious fishing, but I still managed a few jacks, so that was pleasing.
Its a stunning area, and probably more so when your up at dawn and out on the water.

I'll certainly be heading back up that way a bit more now I've had a taste of fishing the lakes.
I will have another go on Coniston, but I also fancy a crack at Windy too.

A few photos from the weekend.......

Yamyam ready for the off...
IMG_1737.jpg

My first Lake District Pike.
Coniston8.jpg

Some arty-farty scenic stuff....
IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

Steve

Lovely photos Steve...

My mum's family are all from Coniston so have spent loads of time up there in the past. Not fishing for Pike mind, but there are some nice fish there I'm told. Well done on the fish.

I spent a week working with the Institute for Freshwater Ecology on Windermere for work experience... one of the jobs was to check the pike traps they set to monitor numbers etc. We found some real crackers in there...

Cheers Chris.
That must have been very interesting, working for the Institute for Freshwater Ecology on Windermere.....:cool:

Paul, yamyam is mine, but you can hire them on both Coniston and Windy.

If you do go, take yourself a fishfinder.... the depth and drop offs are very interesting.
We found depths down to 136ft:eek:

Steve

Great pics Steve, give me a shout about Windermere when you do go, I have info to share with you :)

I love Coniston too, my aunt and uncle (both dead now) lived all their lives in Ulverston which is quite local to consiton, spent many a happy hour up there in my youth..........

Summer Perch fishing on Bassenthwaite is something to behold too..........

Great pics Steve, give me a shout about Windermere when you do go, I have info to share with you :)

I love Coniston too, my aunt and uncle (both dead now) lived all their lives in Ulverston which is quite local to consiton, spent many a happy hour up there in my youth..........

Summer Perch fishing on Bassenthwaite is something to behold too..........
My sister-in-law is from Ulverston. I've had some memorable weekends up there ... and sunk a few pints of fine local ale in The Ship. Not to mention the odd pint of the excellent Coniston Bluebird in the Black Bull at Coniston — the beer is brewed at the back of the pub (although I can buy it bottled in my local Morrisons).

I took some freinds up to Coniston 2 years ago - they'd never been to the Lakes before. We climbed Coniston Old Man, and it bucketed down all day, plus a gale blowing and it was freezing up there despite being June. Not sure they were sold on the delights of the Lake District :eek::)

Some nice pics, Steve.

Back