• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Trilogy or Daiwa Powermesh 2.25 rods?

Kevin Webb

Senior Member & Supporter
Seeking advice from anyone who has used both rods please.
Looking for a back up rod for my Torrix 1.75 11’ for when the river is pushing through or casting heavier weights. Fishing for barbel & chub on the Wye or closer to home on Sussex Arun/ Rother.
Have an option to purchase either rod used but in excellent condition for £75 which is around my budget for a spare rod.
I know there are a lot of positive remarks re the Powermesh , but not much on the trilogy.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Seeking advice from anyone who has used both rods please.
Looking for a back up rod for my Torrix 1.75 11’ for when the river is pushing through or casting heavier weights. Fishing for barbel & chub on the Wye or closer to home on Sussex Arun/ Rother.
Have an option to purchase either rod used but in excellent condition for £75 which is around my budget for a spare rod.
I know there are a lot of positive remarks re the Powermesh , but not much on the trilogy.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I had the power mesh blanks on carp rods. First class, happy to have again anytime.

Too late Richard😀. Picked it up today for £75.
It’s a back up rod so hopefully it will be fine but I know what you mean about the rings.
Wouldn't be worth getting new ones fitted.

At least you didn't pay £250 for a pair like i did back in the day 😆

I bought a pair of 2.75tc for floodwater fishing, saw the rings in person and sold them. Now i'll just use my pike rods for floodwater on the rare occasion i might go in such conditions.

I've never had a problem with the rings on many Trent outings and now multiple Zander trips.
Is it the 2 leg ones? Being mentioned.

Zander today.
17265596866697741374587065321749.jpg

Back