• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Seamless Hooks

Jim Foxall

I believe that Korum Seamless Hooks will no longer be produced, at least for the time being. If you like these hooks, probably best to stock up now with stock that is currently on the shelves.

I believe that Korum Seamless Hooks will no longer be produced, at least for the time being. If you like these hooks, probably best to stock up now with stock that is currently on the shelves.

Thanks for that Jim, i don't use them all the time but like to keep a few packets to hand.

Stephen

P.S. You don't happen to know if these are the only seamlees hooks available?

Anybody know why they are being discontinued? My guess is manufacturing/supply problems, I can't imagine them withdrawing them because sales are poor as it leaves a big hole in their range.

Brilliant hooks but given I have caught 99% of barbel on 'seamed' hooks as many others have I cant really see the point in re-designing the wheel - perhaps why they are being dropped?

Brilliant hooks but given I have caught 99% of barbel on 'seamed' hooks as many others have I cant really see the point in re-designing the wheel - perhaps why they are being dropped?

They are not being dropped because of lack of demand, I was informed that politics is the reason. Personally, I'm not too bothered what hook I use as long as it is of decent quality, but there are those who will use nothing else but seamless hooks. It is for this reason that I made my original post. No doubt, another manufacturer/supplier will fill the void at some point, if the Korum version disappears from the shelves.

Thanks for the heads up Jim, visted my local tackle shop yesterday and laid a couple of packets into stock, I should now be OK for a season or two !!!....They advised me that Korum will be bringing out another seamless hook and he was expecting to see the rep this coming week...If I get any info I'll share it on here.....If you are like me though and like the "old" pattern and trust it you'll probably need some time to accept any new one !!...:confused:

Back