• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Ruckbag Question

David Craine

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, as my rucksack has past its best ( 18 yrs old and leaks like a sieve) I have decided to invest in a new one.
I really like the idea of a Ruckbag, as it lays flay on the bank, and access to the contents is really easy. My old rucksack was a nightmare, with access from the top as with all conventional rucksacks, the contents were always jumbled up, and not easy to find what I wanted.

Question is, I have looked at the Korum Ruckbag , design looks good but I have one doubt, the stiff base, the bit that actually sits flat on the ground when in use, to me it looks to be made of something that does not look either really waterproof or hard wearing, it may be just me, but I would like some kind of confirmation that it is of a better quality than it appears, I am probably being over concerned, but appearances can be deceptive.

In the event of negative replies has anybody got an alternative idea for something similar, with lay flat opening . The Rucksak will be for short session use, but I do tend to carry more gear than I need ,

Cost is not an issue as it will be a birthday present from the family and I am worth it , well maybe !

David.

It's a well designed bit of kit,the base is hard wearing and the ability to open from the top and have all your gear to hand is very useful.I tended to overload mine and the strap stitching pulled apart after a few months.I took it back to the retailer and Korum replaced it immediately.I can recommend both the ruckbag and the company.

Hi men,

Had mine for many years , quality zips , pockets a perfect on the outside so you dont have to access the main compartment all the time , and the whole point of it to carry your chair attached works great as iv walked miles with it. Its now my carp bag , and all the paraphernalia that goes with it , it sits on my barrow perfect , and has just done its 8th trip to deep france . The day it dies i will buy another .

It also hooks up all the different makes of chairs i own , not just the Korum that matches it .

Hatter

I had the larger one but swapped for the standard size - and glad I did as it I didn't need the extra space. Excellent bit of kit that I've owned for going on a decade.

Thanks all, quick question, does the given size include the side pockets, or does it only relate to the main compartment.
I cant find any information on the various websites re this ?

David

Thanks all, quick question, does the given size include the side pockets, or does it only relate to the main compartment.
I cant find any information on the various websites re this ?

David
I have the larger deluxe ruckbag which I don't think Korum supply any more.I've just measured it and the dimensions are(including side pockets)
H-60cms
W-48cms
D-28cms

I have the larger deluxe ruckbag which I don't think Korum supply any more.I've just measured it and the dimensions are(including side pockets)
H-60cms
W-48cms
D-28cms
Yeah I think the earlier were bigger looking at it but still a great bit of kit for roving about with or useing as a big holdall for sitting in one place I love mine .

Hi Derek, Amazon are doing the larger one for £53.99 free delivery, which seems a pretty standard price everywhere,some places are more expensive .If you buy online it is best to check, as some are advertising the Compact, which is a bit smaller,at £49.99, but their pictures show the larger one. Bit of confusion there !
There are a couple of different companies doing lookalikes, the Avid Carp ruckbag looks identical to the larger Korum one, at £49.99, and a bit cheaper some places, but the base is made of different material than the Korum ones.
David.

I am still insure as to the proper dimensions,including the side pockets, as those given above are for an older version.. it is a bit of a grey area, and one that Korum could so easily rectify.

David

Thats what I thought Richard,watching the Korum Videos, I visualised the size by looking at the width of the chair strapped to the bag, anyway, I have ordered the larger bag and expect delivery sometime around the 17th, I may just update this thread with some more accurate sizings for the larger bag when it arrives.
It seems as though the older ruckbags were larger than those being sold now, so hopefully the current larger size will tick all the boxes for me.What will hold a lot will hold a bit less, and I am not known for being minimalist when packing for a day on the river .

David

Back