• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Rover Bag

Steve Hayward

Anyone using or even seen this bag.

Looking for a new light weight style bag (well mid - weight lightweight is a sling pack and bum bag for the bait!)

Cheers

I've seen the rover bag Steve, was looking at it last week in a tackle shop. Looks a definitely midweight, wouldn't like to think I was lugging it about for a days roving.

I use the second one down, it carries all I need(& more)and is ideal for roving.
Surprisingly spacious and for those just in case items,the solid based bottom section is perfect.

I've seen the rover bag Steve, was looking at it last week in a tackle shop. Looks a definitely midweight, wouldn't like to think I was lugging it about for a days roving.

What about the layout and build?

Considering it as a main bag as I said in the mid weight category - tempted due to the layout and the rig manager.

BTW where was the rig manager stored?

The rig manager goes in the main compartment. Three side pockets and a top pocket which is insulated, build wise is the usual high standard from Korum. I used to use the rucksack but in my efforts to stop taking the kitchen sink I bought a cheapo bag from Aldi last year which is remarkably decent quality and has lasted so far.

had a good look and play with one of these.even got the lad in the shop to fill it with tackle. lugged it around the shop for a while before deciding not to purchace it .
its a bit too heavy and cumbersome to rove around with all day.
thate are lighter unbranded bags available if ya shop around,like the 8 quid aldi one.:D

Sorry Steve forgot to put in the Link.
http://www.korum.co.uk/luggage.php ITM Tackle & bait Bag

If you've placed a query on their website system,don't hold your breath, I'm still waiting for a response to a query about the chair I was looking for following my question on here.

Last edited:
steve

to be honest mate, i,ve owned nearly every bag korum have bought out including 3 differant rod bags and two chairs, now i,m either really unlucky or korum luggage is just S***. somehow there,s always a clasp on something thats managed to break, the handle on my chair snapped twice, the lining on 2 differant bags came away. There is probably much better well made stuff on the market, imho and after spending several hundred pound i would stay away from korum luggage and get something else, when this new bag gives in (i can guarantee it will before the new season starts) i,m getting rid of the lot and starting again
i could just be unlucky though lol
tight lines
jerry

steve

to be honest mate, i,ve owned nearly every bag korum have bought out including 3 differant rod bags and two chairs, now i,m either really unlucky or korum luggage is just S***. somehow there,s always a clasp on something thats managed to break, the handle on my chair snapped twice, the lining on 2 differant bags came away. There is probably much better well made stuff on the market, imho and after spending several hundred pound i would stay away from korum luggage and get something else, when this new bag gives in (i can guarantee it will before the new season starts) i,m getting rid of the lot and starting again
i could just be unlucky though lol
tight lines
jerry
Just unlucky as i've got 4 different korum bags for my barbel, carp and pike gear and i've never had a problem with any of it. In regard of the new Rover bag it is to me a bit to big and i use the smaller bait and tackle bag for my roving, like the zip up base which holds a wet sling away from everything else which the rover bag hasn't got.

"..........like the zip up base which holds a wet sling away from everything else..........."
Never thought of that Jeremy,I'll remember that while I'm trying (still)to Christen that reel!!
Mines got suntan lotion, insect repelant, anticeptic wash ,insect bite treatment and stuff like that!!!:eek:

I can vouch for the Aldi bag too! Been using one for the last season and can't fault it for £8. It's the same as the Chub bag but a third of the cost!!!

Keep on looking on the Aldi website as i want another

If you're not bothered by names etc you won't go far wrong with this cheap and well made bag

Trevor

I have had loads of Korum gear, 2 chairs, 2 rod bags, ruck bag and another bag and never had a problem at all.
Jeremy you must have been unlucky mate.

Jon, Not me unlucky i was answering Jerry's post he is the unlucky one. If i ever have a problem with any Korum gear i would just have a go at Dave Preston when i see him in the local tackle shop lol.

Definately unlucky i think, honestly you wouldnt believe it unless you saw it something has fell off or broke on everything.
after reading the other thread maybe i take tooooo much stuff and overload everything.
tight lines
jerry

I have one of the bait and bits bags............ it is very good quality and a good size for shorter sessions.

Back