• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Rackbag/Chair combo

Richard Parsons

Hi All - has anyone used the Korum ruckbag and lightweight chair combo? I'm thinking of buying one and would appreciate any views/opinions as to its quality, comfort, etc, etc..... Thanks in advance.:)

Hi men,

Works well, but I just use a chair I own that still fits on the hooks , so can't comment on the chair . The bag is going into it's third season, and is perfect for the Teme where the banks are steep , and it lays flat . The pocket on one side has all the hookbait etc that I need to use in a swim, with the pockets on the other side having terminal tackle etc , this means not having to access the main compartment all the time. Zips are still going strong, and it has no signs of wear . I would buy another.

Hatter

I have both. Excellent bits of kit.
Comfortable to carry and sit on!
When the time comes I would replace with the same.

hi rich, i have the korum bag an chair excellent bit of kit for roming around the river. got my from trafford tackle shop

Can't comment on the chair, but have the Ruckbag. A great idea let down by poor build quality IMHO ! The 1st one split around the main compartment zipper (replaced no quibble), the 2nd one the chair retaining hooks pulled off ! It is still going ok, but for the money I'd expect better zips and strap clips (plastic).
No a patch on my old Fox Rover (quality wise).

Hi men,

Rich, they do one with a built in table on the top, but I have not seen it myself, also do it in a couple of sizes as well.

Hatter

A built-in table....to go with the chair? lol

Thanks again all. Steve, I'll pop down to Trafford this week and take a look. :)

I have both and they are now in their 3rd season with no problems at all, definately would replace them like for like if anything happened to them.

I have used both of them for over 2 seasons on the Trent, humping the odd Kilo or 2, plus bait all over the place, with not a single stitch undone. Top quality IMO.
However on the penultimate session on the Trent my Lighweight chair snapped at a weld, pretty sure this is not common, but my chair has had some serious hammer, topped to the rafters for allnighters on the river incorporating the wheel kit. thrown, misused etc.
I am now getting a good mate to weld it back, if this fails i will definately be buying another.
Quick question what other chair works with the ruckbag aswell as the obvious?

Jon

Hi All - has anyone used the Korum ruckbag and lightweight chair combo? I'm thinking of buying one and would appreciate any views/opinions as to its quality, comfort, etc, etc..... Thanks in advance.:)

I got both but the Light chair isn't light in my opinion and the Ruckbag is lacking a waist strap to keep it from sliding around when you climb over fences etc., I did find it fiddly to attatch the chair to the bag and then get on to your back. Dan

I use the ruck bag with the chub lo lite... Its a pain to get on the back with a bigish coat. Once its on its pretty good and I dont feel the need for a waist strap.

on a good day when using the bag chair as a rucksack, i can balance my day shelter on the back of it, thats only when my hands are full.

Back