• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum 'Fishing Made Easy' DVD .

tut tut indeed, first thing I spotted on their rules list!
maybe thing were getting a bit desperate during filming, usually the way when cameras are involved.
I don't find two rods help at all, always done better concentrating on one.
dave
I bet it was a genuine mistake, two people spotted it already

yes, it may have been a genuine mistake Dave, but these people are supposed to be teaching us. I would have thought checking the fishery rules before commencing fishing is basic stuff. In part 2 of the video, Duncan ensured that the rules allowed the type of hook that he wanted to use before he started.

I'd have thought that they'll have to withdraw the video as a result, otherwise it gives anglers carte blanche to use 2 rods on Wye & Usk waters, saying "we saw it in the Korum video"

" Only One Rod " nobody told me, ive had four set up on many an occasion. But i have made sure they were no more than 20 yards apart. :rolleyes:

" Only One Rod " nobody told me, ive had four set up on many an occasion. But i have made sure they were no more than 20 yards apart. :rolleyes:

Can't see a problem with that Derek, that's the way I do it as well. If you don't see the bite on the furthest away rods, they are bound to self hook and tangle with the nearer ones eventually, so you will still get them in the end, especially if you use treble hooks....cough :p :eek: :D

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, if we fished together, we could have a bank of eight. we could take it in turns to watch them, say an hour or two each, while the other went for a pint. :D

Steve, apologies, i digress from your original post. I can,t watch the video, cos i haven,t got a facebook account. :(

yes, it may have been a genuine mistake Dave, but these people are supposed to be teaching us. I would have thought checking the fishery rules before commencing fishing is basic stuff. In part 2 of the video, Duncan ensured that the rules allowed the type of hook that he wanted to use before he started.

I'd have thought that they'll have to withdraw the video as a result, otherwise it gives anglers carte blanche to use 2 rods on Wye & Usk waters, saying "we saw it in the Korum video"

Probably best to add a note to the video I would think.

Probably best to add a note to the video I would think.

I would have thought that would be best Neil, after all, this is all a bit of a storm in a tea cup, isn't it? It is quite usual for the powers that be at a fishery to grant one off concessions to anyone making a video which publicizes that fishery. For instance, you frequently see the anglers involved in such videos using keep nets in a fishery where they are banned, or certain baits such as blood worm or whatever, where they are normally banned. They are probably merely being allowed to use methods beyond the norm, anything which will help the video 'stars' to catch fish on the day....to help publicise the fishery. As Neil states, it SHOULD have been mentioned at some stage, and would certainly pay them to add a postscript to it now to clear things up.

Cheers, Dave.

Let me explain what happened. The stretch was booked in advance by Korum and Nigel and myself along with Mat Woods from Korum, a cameraman and Adam Fisher from the Wye and Usk Foundation arrived together.

After walking the stretch to find a suitable location we tackled up and started fishing. I didn't specifically ask about the rules but given that Adam was stood behind me as I was setting and we were discussing where the best place to cast in the swim would be I think if there had been an issue he would have said something. I didn't seek approval as I had no idea there was a one rod rule as I'd only fished their waters once before with Chris Ponsford, about four years ago, and we only used one rod each. Maybe I should have checked the rules in advance but given we were being hosted by a representative of the WUF I didn't.

Clearly Adam was keen for us to catch and that may be why he said nothing but I know for certain he was aware I was using two rods as he was stood next to Mat when he took one of the photographs!

I know ignorance is not an excuse but hopefully this explains how this situation arose. If it's any comfort all the fish I caught came when I was using one rod!

Hi Dave,
All in it was an excellent video and captured the Wye in a mood that was challenging, the products promotion was there of course, but didn't really detract from the enjoyment, besides the Korum product range is good, and I certainly picked up some useful tips.
I used to bulk when seeing any river in such a state, now it's welcome sight, and can be fished well with all the modern aids at our disposal.
Thought the roving kit to be excellent value, with a seat, bag and quiver for about £90, note to Santa I think:)
Feeders looked the business too.
Just need to look at Part 2 with my very own EA Balliff 'The Pons' taking a starring role:p

Thanks Neil. I think you have to accept that a free dvd is going to have plenty of product placement. At least we showed that the products work!

Back