• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum big water rods

Ray Heath

As these are on special offer I was considering a pair for the trent poss the 12ft 2.75 or 13ft 2.75 which cast 9oz or would they be too heavy and should u go for the 2.25kb which still cast 200g 7oz. I will be fishing middle and tidal.
I was going to go for diawa powermesh rods but as these are buy1 get1 free these work out a lot cheaper but are they worth it
Does anyone have these and what do you think of them please

As these are on special offer I was considering a pair for the trent poss the 12ft 2.75 or 13ft 2.75 which cast 9oz or would they be too heavy and should u go for the 2.25kb which still cast 200g 7oz. I will be fishing middle and tidal.
I was going to go for diawa powermesh rods but as these are buy1 get1 free these work out a lot cheaper but are they worth it
Does anyone have these and what do you think of them please
Where are they on offer Ray?

Good choice.

I had the most recent Powermesh 2.75's (and sold them) the rings were flimsy compared to the old powermesh rods. I wouldn't have confidence in them long term.

Angling Direct have the same offer buy one get one free and they got some 13`s too

Minima guides….. I know a lot of people like Them but for that one reason alone I’d never buy one even if it’s 2 for 1. Hate the poxy things with a passion.

Why is that Rich, considering we all, probably have 'em😯
My opinion of them is they are Flimsy horrible things Neil lacking the ability to deal with a bit of rough handling like other more substantial guides.
Don’t get me wrong the idea of a light weight guide with no insert is bound to appeal to most people but to me they are very weak guides compared to something like a kigan or Fuji.
Maybe a little stalker rod that you hold all day trundling meat could justify having them maybe??? Even then I’d probably choose something else 🤷🏻

He's a guide on the trent that catches a lot of big fish and has a set of old ones and had a set of new ones til he sold the new one

He's a guide on the trent that catches a lot of big fish and has a set of old ones and had a set of new ones til he sold the new ones
The ring master leader of the Trent circus glad he is not a member on here

Back