• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kingpin Imperial Centrepin - 4.25"

Neil Powney

Hi guys,

Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking for a nice reel of this size for both trotting and lead work and this is probably what I will go for.

I know they do the standard width and the wide version. Can anyone tell me the width of the wide drum version?

Many thanks,

Neil

Neil

I haven't got an Imperial, but have an R2 and a three year old Regency 378 (now discontinued).

Whether the Kingpin designs are right for you opposed to other options is very much a personal thing, but they are my preference and I've tried a few different makes over the last 15 years or so. I don't seem to get on with Arial style reels, which is probably more down to me than the reels.

Regarding workmanship and finish, they are superb, made on very modern equipment to the finest tolerances. They are pricey, but you do get a high quality product made in England. I also find them very low maintenance, just an occasional clean and drop of sewing machine oil.

If in doubt give Stuart a call. I did when I bought the R2 and found him very helpful.

Finally, if you are less conservative than me you can get them customized. They do some quite wild designs for the American market.

STEVE

Neil

Yes, I did read that you wanted an Imperial :), but in case you are interested I have a Kingpin Regal for sale

2cpin20s.jpg

It's boxed and with neoprene pouch, never had line on it, therefore in pristine condition. I can't get on with ratchet levers in this position which is why I never used it, and it's been sitting here needing a good home.

Drum width is 7/8", approx 22mm

PM me if you are interested

paul4

Back