• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

kill a maggot

well theres the cuban method of rolling them on a thigh ~ very good with a 100% success rate but a bit of a grind too do two pints

theres good old freeze the buggers too death ~ mostley works with 80% success rate (been many a time i've frozen some for upto a week only too have the buggers thaw out get up and walk off in disgust) ,once thawed you get nice soft dead-uns ,well hopefully

or boil them alive ~ but then they do have the habbit of dying of shock ,mid way through being startled and fully extended ,and you end up with limp stretched out gangly maggots

freezing them works for me, i have rolled them on my thigh too, which is a winner for single baits.

what i might do to get the tackle shop to bag them up in them airtight bags, then poach them in boiling water, then freeze.

Back