• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kennet & Avon around Bath

George Maltby

Hi Guys,
I have recently returned from 5 years down under and have brought my ultra light bream (or 'brim' if you believe them) fishing kit back with me. I am looking to do a bit of drop shotting for perch in the canal around Bath but am unsure which stretch (if any) is most likely to put me in touch with a big girl. I was wondering if anyone on here may be able to point me in the right direction?
I was thinking maybe the bathampton AA stretch around freshford/avoncliff.

George i would try around bathampton village.. if you park by the school which is really close to the canal you could have a wander up to where the boats are moored and beyond if you wanted... bathampton aa have the canal from the start in bath to avoncliffe, about 8 miles of it.... i know double figure pike have been caught here and there are lots of silvers in this stretch.. where there are silvers.. well you know..... besides that if the fishing is rubbish you could pop in the George inn which is right on the towpath for a swift half..good luck mate..

Thanks mate, will give it a bash...havent fished a canal since i was in single digits i dont think so quite looking forward to it. The george is an old fav so thats a bonus!

Back