• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Kamasan B110 Grubbers

Mark Walters

Im looking at buying a load of these to use in the coming season, does anybody know how they compare size wise to a drennan barbel etc

Cheers

Mark

Size 10s are shade smaller than raptor or drennan barbel 8s
B110 in 12s are a shade smaller than counterpart 10s.

Good hooks, but not for snags or double figure fish as a relatively slim wire (even though these are the thicker wire variant).

I use them on the middle Severn (away from snags) but wouldn't dare on the Teme.

Perfect for tench mind, and have landed the odd angry double figure carp on them but did start to show signs of opening.

Been really happy with a bulk supply of Ashima C-310s, worth checking out:

http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/cgi...=Ashima-C-310-Super-Carp-Hooks.html#a140#a140

Thanks for that Mike, Il mainly be using them on the Wye for medium sized fish, the river just eats hooks and i find myself using atleast a pack a trip so trying to cut down on the cost and heard good things of the grubbers. Thats a very good price on the Owners, think il buy a few of them aswell.

Tiemco grubbers are a tad stronger, also they do a straight eyed version, more expensive than the Kamasan, but still a lot cheaper than the Drennans.
peter

Back