• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

just when you thought you had seen it all

Terry Harman

Senior Member & Supporter
£429 !!!!!!!!😳😳

£429 !!!!!!!!😳😳

Before I buy .....
Are they going to do a camo version

Now, now, aren't we stick-in-the mud barbelling old fogies supposed to be learning from the creme de la creme of anglers (i.e. carpers) 🙃

When I fished Rainbow lake in France one of the guys had a genny and huge satellite dish and a large flat screen TV so they could watch the football in a big gazebo
they all fish for a min of a week often 2 or 3 weeks Oztents are a popular bivvy choice

Gazebos are very common around French lakes and 'Carpe de Nuit' locations on rivers. In fact after the picnic table, lounge chairs and parasol, the gazebo is next to be erected. Rods and reels are an afterthought and are often positioned 40 or 50 metres from where the pecheurs are reclining so as not to interfere with the conversations that are going on .

When I fished Rainbow lake in France one of the guys had a genny and huge satellite dish and a large flat screen TV so they could watch the football in a big gazebo
they all fish for a min of a week often 2 or 3 weeks Oztents are a popular bivvy choice

Is that the lake that's a sunken forest and you have to bungee your line at angles across the water to avoid the snags?
Someone told me about it a few years ago, not my idea of fishing!

Is that the lake that's a sunken forest and you have to bungee your line at angles across the water to avoid the snags?
Someone told me about it a few years ago, not my idea of fishing!
yes mate a lake where you could catch 4 x 60lb plus fish in a day or a record well over 90lb its a totally unique lake where the fish grow to huge sizes and the owner does not want any thing touched fallen trees etc so as not to possibly upset the balance I guess as you say not everyones cup of tea I got invited fished and caught but it was basically a bucket list tick
I have had further invites but declined as it wasnt my kind of fishing but truly glad I have the memory of it I fished peg 2

Attachments

• rainbow 2015.jpg
    rainbow 2015.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 158
Looks a lovely spot, I've heard it's full of big fish of all kinds so who knows what's in there, just don't like the idea of rowing out to pull up tethered fish. Each to their own I guess.

Looks a lovely spot, I've heard it's full of big fish of all kinds so who knows what's in there, just don't like the idea of rowing out to pull up tethered fish. Each to their own I guess.
dont think many fish get tethered ?
the reason most fish are landed from the boat are you need to get above them to keep them out of the snags and as you say your line might have to zig zag around things to get to the feeding area so you could never play it from the bank as your line may have gone round small islands and snags etc
when I fished it I boated out to my spots ( bait placement can be crucial) and landed the fish from my peg as it was clear in front of me
its a special lake with special challenges and people have devised methods to be able to get to the woodwork where most fish get hooked or you would simply blank

Tethered to the bungees/buoys. Guy told me you boat out and unclip your line as you go, eventually, on the last clip, you're right above the fish and you pull them up into the boat.

Back