• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

January 2012 Fish of the Month Sponsored by Pallatrax

Please vote for your favourite:

• Rother 16lb 12oz (RR)

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Kennet 15lb 6oz

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Hampshire Avon 14lb 0oz

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Anker 15lb 4oz (RR)

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Warks Avon 13lb 2oz

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Loddon 16lb 4oz

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the January 2012 Fish of the Month competition. Don't forget to add the weight of your fish to your gallery entries to ensure they're eligible for the competition. I don't include fish stated simply as 'double', even though they're obviously potential winners.

Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

slim1.jpg

Some beautiful fish to vote for this month....

4f10796065d15.jpg

Rother 16lb 12oz (RR)

4f108adb32f05.jpg

Kennet 15lb 6oz

4f1a9d0628b03.jpg

Hampshire Avon 14lb 0oz

4f227b37bcbf7.jpg

Anker 15lb 4oz (RR)

4f2925512a498.jpg

Warks Avon 13lb 2oz

4f672ba468205.jpg

Loddon 16lb 4oz

Got to be one of the best fish of the month comps so far, some absolute belters. I normally vote for the obvious river record, or the guy who looks the most pleased with his catch. This time ive gone for what i think is the best looking fish. The Warks Avon gets my vote. Well done to all captors.

Rother for me....Though all beautiful specimens...Well done All...

Which Rother may I ask? your bang on there Derek a very good fish of the month indeed with two river records to boot.

Make that 2 votes for the Kennet fish! Based my vote on the fish i would most like to catch, and the most appropriate headwear for a January picture comp! All fantastic fish and pictures, the colours coming through on the w.avon fish look awesome.

The warks avon fish for me, seconded by the rother brute. that warks beauty keeps me tossing and turning at night - but of course all fantastic barbus.

Back