• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Items you have purchased to use while fishing without paying carp tax

Molle rucksacks. got a couple of them. Much better than probably all the fishing industry (maybe with exception of cotswold Aq). As well as being better made and looking more fishy than a lot of stuff out there, they're also a lot more comfortable to wear. If they're good enough for the army, they're probably going to be okay for a few seasons on the river.

Not so much bought, but I acquired 12kg of lead. We were fitting new doors and windows in brum, the old windows that came off were all leaded... so I went round with my scraper and took the lot off. 12kg of lead equals to 105 4oz lead weights, I've just got to get a lead mould now.👍🏻
I take it your referring to the criss cross stuff? If so you’ve given me a job.

Replenished my stock of leads, bought 20 gripper leads (8x4oz, 8x5oz and 4x8oz) for just over £22, which seems pretty good value to me.

These are a good buy, much cheaper than ridge monkey, gone up now, I paid £12.00 for two and gave a mate one

I love how In one picture they've stuck them on the front of mountain bikes, like they ain't going anywhere when racing down a bumpy track!

got one of these off ebay same as the trakker stove without the carp tax 👍;)

I was going to mention this one too; I’ve got the Trakker one and it’s an excellent stove and that one is very clearly the same one. Think mine is going strong after 5 years, great in winter too.

I’ve wasted some money on tackle, buying bits that I thought were great at the time, later realising I’d made a mistake after one or two uses, and then looking to buy the other brands version almost immediately.

I don’t know why I wanted to share that, I just saw the title of the thread ‘carp tax’ and was beside myself laughing. Brilliant.

Back