• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Iseama Owner C5 Hooks

David Potter

As they don’t seem to be available any more I’m looking for an alternative to Iseama / Owner C5 / 50188 size 10 hooks (I have plenty of stock of all the other sizes) been using them for years and have complete confidence in them – So can anybody recommend something similar ?
Regards
David

Last edited:
I use iseama owners, not sure if they are c5, think so, Johnson Ross have them in. Not sure if they are on the web site, just ring them up, very helpful lads.

Hi David I only live a little drive from Johnson Ross find out if they have them in stock and I would happily pick them up for you and post them to you rather then you paying there extreme rates for postage if this is of any help let me know David .

What a couple of lovely offers from Simon and Robert....good anglers doing good things. Such a lovely change from some of the stuff going on of late. Good on yer.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
What a couple of lovely offers from Simon and Robert....good anglers doing good things. Such a lovely change from some of the stuff going on of late. Good on yer.

Cheers, Dave.[/

Always thought that was what these forums were for. I'm mainly a carper, and if most carp anglers spent as much time carping for fish instead of at each other then they would catch much more! I'll help anyone I can, to a point, but most of you lads are much better placed to help me than vica versa.

They've got them on the website. It's the new ct5 with the welded eye closure and Teflon coating.

Robert,
I have also had a look at their website but what I am looking for is " The original C5 in size 10 " and I cant see them on their website ! The CT5 's that you mention would be fine but they don't seem to be available in size 10
But next time your passing I would be grateful if you would ask them ?

I was going to ring them in the morning as they well have what I'm looking for ......they seem to have everything else !

I must say I'm amazed at the help from you guys ...Thank you all very much It's a breath of fresh air so thank you all again
Regards
David

David, I can tell you now that unfortunately I'm pretty sure they don't have the original black nickel ones, asked for them recently and was told that I was pretty much the only person who bought them! And I believe they are now obsolete. IMO the new ones are a more superior hook, but I don't think they are available in 10s. The closest patterns to it would probably be, ESP Raptor T6, or the Korda Mixa. The Mixa being a lighter gauge than the raptors.

Can anybody tell me if it's true that the CT5 is the same hook as the old discontinued Korum S3 ?

Back