• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Incognito flurocarbon

I find Flouros too wiry. Is the incognito supple or does it have the same wiry / springy feel?

Prior to incognito, I used Drennan Fly Leader Flurocarbon and that was a much stiffer material. I find 9lb and 11lb Incognito behaves more like mono in terms of how supple they are. This said, once you go up to 13lb incognito, it becomes a little stiff, for my liking.

Mono is supple and I doubt if it makes any difference at all regarding visibility, it does if they feel the hook length. Incognito? mmm

I've been using the Gardner subterfuse in 12lbs for many years now comes on a 15 m spools never lets be down very strong and supple.

Have to agree with Neil, for the majority of rigs I can't see any benefits of using flouro instead of mono. The only time I use flouro is when using a short 4 to 6 inch hook length below a bolt rig maggot feeder. The stiffness of the flouro makes it very hard for the barbel to eject the bait once it has picked it up. For running rigs I've had good results with drennan supplex hook length, very strong for the low diameter, and very good for presenting a couple of maggots or casters on small hooks.

Back