• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

im a northern cheapskate

Anglers were using trout pellets before halibuts pellets and catching barbel shouldn't make any difference ;)

Mark, I notice you don't buy cheap pies

he does not buy pies dave he rings me up at work to bring them for his dinner and supper if were fish with charlie :D if your coming off at the tt nip into petrol station for supplies i am feeling a bit faint

well trained

why have a dog and bark yourself:D

he's nearly as obedient as my tiger, she's just made me 2 x bacon and egg barms with runny yolk:)

my take on the pellets is there's enough attraction in trout pellet to attract the fish to your higher oil content hookbait;)

i saw white pudding in the shop the other day, no idea what that's like.
black pudding in a fry up, a must, and black sauce, non of that poncy tomato stuff.

I actually prefer using troutie's to hallibut's

Get them from a local animal feed merchants 3kg at a time for under £6

Put them in a bag with bit of concentrated flavour makes them smell posh ;)

Does that mean I'm in the cheapskate club too ? :D

i saw white pudding in the shop the other day, no idea what that's like.
black pudding in a fry up, a must, and black sauce, non of that poncy tomato stuff.

White pudding or oatmeal pudding is a meat dish popular in Scotland, Ireland,[1] Northumberland, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland. White pudding is very similar to black pudding, but does not include blood. Consequently, it consists of pork meat and fat, suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a large sausage.[2] Earlier versions (pre-1990[3]) often had sheep's brain added as a binding agent. A similar pudding, known as Hog's pudding, is made in Cornwall and Devon though it is much spicier than white pudding, as it contains black pepper, cumin, basil and garlic.

It's generally a heart attack sausage :p

Back